Glen Falls, NY Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
At Larson & Gallivan Law, our Glens Falls pedestrian accident attorneys are standing by, ready to help you and your family get justice and financial compensation. If you or someone you know was hit by a car, we are here to help. To arrange a free, no-obligation consultation with a New York pedestrian accident lawyer, please call us at 518-862-8799 or connect with us directly online.
Pedestrian Safety Remains a Serious Public Health Problem
Pedestrian safety remains a serious issue. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that more than 7,000 pedestrians were killed in motor vehicle collisions nationwide in 2020. Tens of thousands more pedestrians were seriously injured in crashes. A pedestrian accident can occur in any location— from downtown, Glens Falls to rural stretches of road in Warren County.
Pedestrian crashes are disproportionately likely to result in severe injuries. The human body is no match for an automobile— especially one traveling at a high rate of speed. No matter the cause or severity of your pedestrian accident trauma, our Glens Falls personal injury lawyers are standing by, ready to help you get justice.
What to Know About Pedestrian Accident Liability in New York State
Were you hurt in a pedestrian accident in Glens Falls? If so, it is crucial that you understand your rights and responsibilities. Pedestrian accident claims generally fall under state law. Here are four things to know about the pedestrian accident laws in New York State:
- You Need to Seek Medical Care: You should always seek prompt medical care after being hit by a car. Seeing a doctor is vital to your health, well-being, and long-term recovery. This is also nearly a requirement for filing a claim for compensation: it is nearly impossible to get compensation for a pedestrian accident injury without the proper medical records.
- Pedestrian Accidents Should Be Reported: If your pedestrian accident results in any physical injury, it should be reported. You may report the crash to the Glens Falls Police Department, Warren County Sheriff’s Office, or the New York State Police.
- New York’s No-Fault Law Can Apply to Pedestrian Collisions: New York is a no-fault auto insurance state. Minor and moderate injuries fall under New York’s no-fault insurance system. The no-fault insurance policies cover pedestrian accident injuries and bike accident injuries. If you are struck by an insured driver, no-fault coverage should apply.
- You Can File a Fault-Based Pedestrian Injury Claim in Certain Circumstances: In New York, pedestrian accident injury claims can fall outside of the no-fault insurance claims process. If you sustained serious injuries— defined as a permanent injury or an injury that caused substantial disability for at least 90 of the first 180 days following the crash— you can file a fault-based personal injury lawsuit. You have the right to the at-fault party liable for the full extent of your pedestrian injuries.
Serious Accidents Require a Comprehensive Investigation
Following a major accident, you need proper medical care. It is imperative that you seek a doctor as soon as possible. Not only is getting help from the right physician crucial to protecting your own well-being, it is also an important step in the personal injury claims process. It is very difficult to recover personal injury compensation in New York without reliable and complete medical records. Do not wait to get the medical treatment that you need.
Additionally, all serious accidents in Glens Falls should be investigated. Serious personal injury claims in New York State are based on fault. In other words, you will need evidence to prove that the defendant(s) was at fault for your accident in order to impose liability and recover financial compensation. A thorough and timely investigation is a must. Consult with an experienced Glens Falls personal injury lawyer immediately after a major accident. Our team is ready to investigate.
We Help Injured Pedestrians in Glens Falls Maximize their Financial Recovery
Pedestrian crashes can lead to very serious injuries. In Glens Falls, a pedestrian accident victim has the right to pursue compensation for out-of-pocket losses and intangible damages. The insurance companies that handle most pedestrian accident claims can make things very hard on people. Our Glens Falls, NY pedestrian accident lawyers go above and beyond to help our clients secure every dollar of compensation they deserve. You may be entitled to recover money for:
- Property damage;
- Ambulance costs;
- Emergency room care;
- Hospital bills;
- Ongoing medical expenses;
- Physical therapy;
- Lost wages;
- Loss of earning power;
- Pain and suffering;
- Disability; and
- Wrongful death.
How Our Glens Falls Pedestrian Accident Injury Attorney Can Help
Pedestrian accident claims are complicated. As an injured pedestrian, you do not have to navigate the entire process all by yourself. Professional guidance is available. At Larson & Gallivan Law, we work proactively on behalf of victims and families— not large insurance companies. Among other things, our Glens Falls pedestrian accident lawyers will:
- Conduct a no-cost, in-depth evaluation of your legal claim;
- Investigate your pedestrian collision—with careful attention to detail;
- Represent you throughout the claims process, including in settlement talks; and
- Take your pedestrian accident claim as far as needed to maximize your financial support.
Call Our Glens Falls Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Today
At Larson & Gallivan Law, our Glens Falls pedestrian accident attorneys provide proactive, reliable, and justice-focused advocates for victims and families. If you or your loved one was hit by a car, we can help. Contact us at 518-862-8799518-862-8799 to request your free, no-obligation consultation. We represent injured pedestrians in Glens Falls, Warren County, and throughout the area.