Glen Falls, NY Car Accident Lawyer
At Larson & Gallivan Law, our Glens Falls car accident lawyers advocate tirelessly to protect the legal rights and injured victims and their families. With a deep understanding of New York law, we know how to get results for our clients. If you or a person you care about was hurt in a car crash, our attorneys are here to help. To arrange a no-cost, no-obligation case evaluation with a top New York auto accident lawyer, please do not hesitate to contact us today.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Glens Falls, NY
If you were involved in a motor vehicle collision in Glens Falls, it is important that you know what to do to protect your rights and interests. You do not want to fall behind in the legal claims process. Here are some of the most vital steps to take after a serious car crash in Glens Falls:
- Stop your vehicle and exchange information with other parties;
- Seek medical attention for any injuries (emergency medical needs come first);
- Document the collision—taking photos and getting other key information;
- Avoid giving a recorded statement directly to an insurance adjuster, even from your own company; and
- Consult with an experienced Glens Falls, NY car accident lawyer.
Early Stages of Treatment and Recovery
Most of your recovery will be about getting better – as it should be. The most important thing for you to do early in the claim gets all the medical help that’s available to you. After your visit to the ER, you will be invited to set up appointments with specialists, physical therapy, and your primary doctor. Do these things.
If your back, neck, or shoulders are giving your new trouble, see a chiropractor and ask about physical therapy. These treatments don’t always work and they don’t work for everyone, but the point is don’t leave any options on the table. Do the work and get as much better as you can.
What to Know About New York’s Auto Accident Liability Laws
Car accident claims are governed by state law. There are some important legal differences from state to state. For example, the laws in New York are different from the laws in Vermont. A car crash claim is governed by law in the state where the accident occurred— not where the victim is from. Four of the most important things to know about the car accident laws in New York include:
- Injury Crashes Should Be Reported: New York law requires parties to a motor vehicle accident to report the crash to law enforcement if any physical injuries occurred in the crash. You should make sure that your crash is reported.
- New York has a No-Fault Insurance Law: New York is a no-fault insurance state. The New York Department of Financial Services explains that all motorists are required to purchase mandatory minimum no-fault coverage. Minor and moderate car accident injury claims will generally go through your own insurance carrier.
- You Can Step Outside the No-Fault System After a Serious Crash: New York law has an exception for serious injuries. If you sustained a serious injury, you can go outside of New York’s no-fault system and file a personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault party.
We Help Injured Victims Maximize their Financial Compensation
Following a major car crash in Glens Falls, injured victims need full financial compensation. You need to be able to pay your medical bills, cover other damages, and support yourself and your family. Sadly, defendants and insurers will not look out for your best interests. Our Glens Falls car accident lawyers have the professional experience that you can rely on to maximize your settlement offer or personal injury verdict. Compensation may be granted for:
- Property damage, including vehicle repairs;
- Ambulance and emergency room services;
- Hospital bills and other healthcare costs;
- Lost wages and loss of ability to earn a living;
- Pain and suffering;
- Permanent disfigurement or disability;
- Loss of lifestyle enjoyment; and
- Wrongful death.
How Our Glens Falls Auto Accident Attorneys Can Help
Dealing with the aftermath of a major car accident is hard. Going up against a big insurance company alone puts you at a serious disadvantage. At Larson & Gallivan Law, we have the professional skill and proven record of case results that you can trust. Among other things, our Glens Falls auto accident lawyers are prepared to:
- Conduct a free, in-depth assessment of your legal case;
- Investigate the accident and your injuries—securing key evidence;
- Represent you in settlement talks with defendants/insurers; and
- Bring your auto accident claim the distance to maximize your compensation,
Schedule Your Free Consultation Today
At Larson & Gallivan Law, our Glens Falls auto accident lawyers have the professional experience that you can trust. We hold negligent drivers and big insurance carriers legally accountable. Contact us at 518-862-8799 to set up your free, fully confidential case review. Our firm handles motor vehicle accident injury claims in Glens Falls and throughout Warren County.